Large-scale online music contest for discover young talents in owing to the extensive network of strategic partners over the globe, the international professional judging panel from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and the US ensure only the finest musicians will be selected. This competition serves as a platform for cultural exchanges between the West and the East, benefiting the youth who strives for profession.
Champion: Bernard Fan (Hong Kong, China)
1st Runner up: Huang Zheng Xin Curtis (Hong Kong, China)
2nd Runner up: Natalie Wang (Hong Kong, China)、Ley Aston Elvis (Hong Kong, China)
Champion: Woo Charlotte Jane (Hong Kong, China)
1st Runner up: Shang-En Hsieh (Taiwan, China)、Yundi Luo (China)
2nd Runner up: Chiu Jheng Yue (Taiwan, China)、Chow Ocean Yu Wa (Hong Kong, China)
Champion: Leung Hing Fei (Hong Kong, China)
1st Runner up: Shu Alayna Yujia (Hong Kong, China)、Cho Wing Tsun (Hong Kong, China)
2nd Runner up: Ian Jiang (Taiwan, China)、Chow Ocean Yu Wa (Hong Kong, China)
Champion: Jinzhu Li (China)
1st Runner up: Cheng-Yueh, Wu (Taiwan, China)、Wei-Lin, Chen (Taiwan, China)
2nd Runner up: Chin Matthew (United Kingdom)、Chien Hsin (Taiwan, China)
“My Favorite Violinist" Winner
Cho Wing Tsun (Hong Kong, China) 8577 votes
Congratulations to all winners!
There will be prize presentation ceremony* soon and winners will be contacted individually.
Watch comments by International Jury Panel and amazing performance of winners by clicking the "Result" button on the left side of this page.
*Prize presentation ceremony will be presented in Hong Kong, winners are welcomed to join depending on pandemic situation.
Now till March 31, 2021
April 30, 2021
- Level: Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced and Professional level (Piano accompaniment is required for all solo performance, accompaniment by other string instrument is not allowed.)
- Selection: Contestants record their performance and submit video online.
- Submission: Apply now via www.inheritphil.com. Shortlist contestants’ videos will be published on Inherit Phil official website on or after March 31, 2021.
- Announcement: Result will be published on official website.
Equivalent ABRSM grading
One piece - Choice of your own
Within 3 minutes
One piece - Choice of your own
Within 5 minutes
Grade 8 or above
Two pieces of contrasting styles
Within 7 minutes
Equivalent to a relatable academic diploma, degree or conservatoire level
The first movement of any of Mozart’s 5 Violin Concertos without cadenza and one work from the Romantic or 20th-century period.
Within 12 minutes
1. Video should be recorded by mobile phone or tablet (e.g. IPAD) with format 720p HD, MP4, horizontal screen 1280x 720, 30fps, maximum 200MB.
2. Contestants in Advanced and Professional group must play by memory.
3. Ensure image and sound are clear and stable during recoding, contestant’s movement should synchronize with the sound. Please avoid shooting in open area in case of echo effect.
4. Formal performance outfit for recording.
5. Face, hands and entire instrument should be shown clearly in the recording (Click here for Demonstration Video).
6. Please adjust the light when recording to avoid blurring caused by high- explosive light, low light, backlight, etc., which will affect the overall effect.
7. To ensure the fairness of the competition, the performance video must comply with the recording requirements as stated. Any post-production or editing of the video is prohibited, or otherwise will be disqualified from the competition.
8. It is recommended that the performance video showcases a balanced volume of sound between the soloist and the accompanist to demonstrate synchronisation and collaborative skills.
9. Please name your video in the following format: level + contestant’s name +repertoire + composer + video duration (Example: Elementary level_David Chan _Concerto in b minor first movement_Riddinger_3 minutes).
1. Only one video file can be submitted per application.
2. Please follow the video specification mentioned above. Contestants are responsible for any loss due to upload errors, group errors, improper file name, etc.
3. Contestant can only upload file once. Once submitted, the video cannot be adjusted/replaced.
4. The same video will be used in the preliminary and final stage of the competition.
5. Application fee is non-refundable once paid.
- Elementary level (ABRSM Grade 3-5) - $49 USD/ per person
- Intermediate level (ABRSM Grade 5-8) - $75 USD/ per person
- Advanced level (ABRSM Grade 8 or above) - $100 USD/ per person
- Professional level (Equivalent grading to a relatable academic diploma, degree or conservatoire) - $127 USD/ per person
*Application fee is based on HKD, charge in USD could be adjusted according to exchange rate.
1. Contestants must register in accordance with the requirements of each level.
2. All information filled out by the contestants must be valid. In the case of an offender, violators will be disqualified.
3. Contestants shall not raise objections to the results made by the jury.
4. Contestants can apply for multiple levels at the same time, but the application form must be filled separately for each level.
5. Application fee is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to other contestants or used for another competition.
6. Only piano accompaniment is allowed.
7. The organizer committee can adjust the time of the competition when necessary, contestants shall raise no objection.
8. Contestants must play the music piece as listed in the application form, and no change is allowed.
9. Scoring and examination of the results are performed by assigned staffs appointed by the organizer committee, and no other personnel can intervene or check the results. The decision of the jury is final.
*The final interpretation right of this competition belongs to Inheritage Philharmonic.
1. Perform with an orchestra as soloist is a cherishing life experience every professional musician dream of. Winners of each level will be invited to be soloist for Inheritage Philharmonic Concert.
2. Performance of the winners will be filmed by professional production team and publish on Inherit Phil official website. The winners will be authorized to use the video on their own social media.
3. Winners will be given the opportunity to study at California Baptist University in the Unites States. Graduate students will receive a two-year award covering tuition and undergraduate students will receive a four-year award covering 50% tuition each academic year. The awards include two full graduate scholarship and two half scholarships to attend California Baptist University declaring music as their major.
4. “My Favourite Violinist" selected by online voting will be awarded one SOLO STRINGS “Signature Series” violin (Value: HK$60,000). Shortlist contestants’ videos will be published on Inherit Phil official website on or after March 31, 2021, public could vote for their favourite violinist.
5. All contestants could take one session of online private classes with one of the renowned musicians from our jury panel after the competition with 30% off discount.
6. All contestants will be issued certificates and comments by jury.
Winners will be invited to be soloist for Inheritage Philharmonic Concert
Invited as soloist and perform with Inheritage Philharmonic
Performance will be filmed by professional production team
Scholarships to study at California Baptist University
SOLO STRINGS “Signature Series” violin (Value: HK$60,000)
Online private classes by renowned musicians after the competition
Certificates and comments by jury
Watch contestant’s performance videos now!